Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A HUMAN VOICE!

I am beyond excited right now! I talked to a person on the phone today. I got a phone number for a state-side contact for the babies home we want to adopt from in Uganda. I called today during nap time and expected to have to leave a message. HE ANSWERED! We had a little chat time and he explained to me how this babies home had placed 80 children in American homes over the past 10 years. He explained how their process works and what our next steps are. I emailed the person I am supposed to tonight and am now waiting (again...) on a form to be sent to me. I'm so excited. He actually lives in Florida too. Funny how he was so close for something that needs to take place so far away. Continue to pray...and please PRAISE the Lord with us for this connection. He is faithful. He is good. And his timing is perfect.
I have been doing SO much study and research on adoption in general and my heart is so overwhelmed with the goodness of the Lord in my personal adoption as HIS child. The more I learn- the more evident it is to me that caring for the helpless and fatherless has ALAWYS been on the heart of God. There were verses I always knew existed, but there are SO many that I had no idea about. My sweet friend gave me the book Adopted for Life by Russell D. Moore. I have just begun reading it- but it is awesome so far. I love how it is not just for those who are wanting to adopt, but for all those that have been adopted into the family of God. I'm grateful for the ways my heart is being stretched for adoption. And how it is being shaped to better love others in ALL areas- not just adoption. God did not rescue us to be inward facing. We are to be about others for HIS glory. Those options really are endless...and I often miss about 99% of them. Frustrating...but I feel myself growing- which is not alway enjoyable- but it is for a good goal.
Please please please. Educate yourself on God's heart for the orphans. Read your Bible. Watch out for the words helpless or fatherless. Be prepared to be blown away...and changed. Seriously. Be prepared... We can never say that we didn't know- He gave us HIS words in the Bible. It has all we need for life and for Godliness. Ignoring it will not keep you from being held responsible for what you do with it. There is a reason sanctification is such a long process- there are many many many things we have not mastered- or any really. Thankful for grace, mercy, and the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment