Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day

It is almost 7 in the morning in Uganda. My baby may be waking up not knowing what today is. But soon.

I am going to sleep now as you wake up. I am dreaming of being your mommy. I hope next year to be celebrating with you.

Mother's Day is kind of a funny thing. Being a mother is exhausting. And never ending. And draining. And selfless. And wonderful. One day to celebrate so much work. I am not tooting my own horn here.

Each time I am overwhelmed with my selfishness I remember that my mother did the same for me. This is nothing new. Many have gone before and many will come after. I am not alone in these feelings.

I hope to provide as much love as my children can possibly handle. I hope to point them to Jesus so that when, not if, when, I fail them- they will know a love that never fails.

Matthew. You made me a mommy for the first time. You are smart. Handsome. Funny. Determined. Kind. Gentle. Loving. Encouraging. My heart was so full the day I met you. I knew this was going to be the best "job" of my life.

Andrew. I didn't know how I could love another son the same amount. Don't worry- all those fears were gone the moment I held you in my arms. You are funny. Feisty. Handsome. Opinionated. Loving. You bring me so much joy. You make me earn my keep. I can't imagine our family with out you.

New child of mine. I can't wait to meet you. And learn who you are. The specific design God used on you. I am eager to be able to describe you to others because I know you as a part of myself. Your status may be orphan for now. But soon that will change. God has you chosen for us and us chosen for you. Soon we will be family! I can't wait.

Thankful for my mom. A hard working, selfless, encouraging, Jesus loving woman. You set a high bar. I know not every one is so blessed as I am. What I have seen and learned about other mother's through the years has made me even more thankful! Pretty sure you knew that was coming though. Glad to have you some what near to help me with this journey. I love you.

I hope that each of you has had a mother or mother figure that you can celebrate today. Don't be afraid to appreciate them on more than just Mother's Day. Pretty sure they wouldn't mind. :)




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I am excited for your new journey of adoption. What a blessing your family will be to a child.

    ReplyDelete