Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Tickle Fights

Tonight Matthew and I got in the biggest tickle fight we have ever had. I was genuinely laughing-not just the fake mom laugh. And earlier I had been tickling Andrew and he was giggling back at me. My heart was so full in these moments.

Now I am sitting upstairs in Andrews dark room holding him in my arms as he sleeps. I don't want to put him in his bed just yet. With Matthew I was so worried about getting the mom thing right that I missed a lot of these moments with him. I am soaking them up with Andrew. There is something so perfect about his completely relaxed sleeping body in my arms. A trust that I never want to betray.

Downstairs I hear Matthew playing with Adam, Nate, and Laura. (our intern-family this summer). I am blessed to have people that spend time with my children and love them well.

Recently I have been overwhelming grateful for the health of my sweet boys. I know this is not something I am promised and it is not something everyone gets to experience. I do not want to take it for granted. Thank you Jesus for these 2 blessings. On days when my job is more than I think I can handle-thank you that their smiles, giggles, and hugs can turn everything around so quickly!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment